Wednesday, January 11, 2006

What a weak attempt to relate

I just don't know what to think about this. Quite frankly, I am looking at the lyrics that Simmons "penned" and I am feeling a bit embarrassed. Perhaps Simmons' wife skinemax movie great Shannon Tweed would have been a better selection.

The IRL has great racers, good competition, marketable personalities and they still cannot crack the NASCAR stranglehold. I don't know if this alliance with KISS will bring new fans.

On another note, it is a little known fact that the KISS Army fan club started in Terre Haute. Now, I am starting to wonder if Terre Haute native Tony George was a founding member.


KISS circuit: Simmons signs deal to promote IRL

INDIANAPOLIS -- Don't be surprised to find a checkered flag soon amid the black-and-white KISS face paint of tongue-wagging bassist Gene Simmons.

Simmons and marketing partner Richard Abramson have signed a deal to promote the Indy Racing League, the open-wheeled circuit announced.

The promotion campaign features a 91-second anthem called "I Am Indy" co-authored by Simmons, performed by the band BAG.

The lyrics, which repeat the song's title "I Am Indy," preach about individuality and top-speed performance: "I am everything I want/ I have everything I need/ I know exactly what to do/ 'cuz I am Indy."


link

3 Comments:

Blogger Jim said...

I like Kiss, but that's just dreadful.

January 12, 2006  
Blogger torporindy said...

Yeah, I am not really bagging on Kiss. They were marketing geniuses and had a few good songs, but I think this will end in embarrassment.

January 12, 2006  
Blogger lilmammal said...

Gross. That is the evil combination of two things I cannot stand. KISS and racing. Bleh.

January 12, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Banner eXTReMe Tracker