Saturday, March 3, 2007

Embarrassing songs in your ipod, Volume I

I am somewhat of a music snob or at least I like to think that I am. Of course, there is always someone out there who fancies him or herself to be more hip and I am sure that they'd sneer at my music collection. Anyway, I am loading more and more CDs in my ipod and I come across this Matchbox 20 CD that my wife claims was a free selection from Columbia House. I'd believe her, but if you peruse her CD selection you'll find Phil Collins nestled between Rod Stewart and Heart. Anyway, I hate that band with a passion, but I decided that I really love this one song by them and I debated whether or not to put on my ipod. It's called "Real World" and some of the lyrics at the end of the song make me laugh in a good way. I held an internal debate and decided 'what the hell', so I put it on, so there it is my most embarrassing song on my ipod. I am sure others could find fault with a host of other songs in my itunes library, but in my opinion it's the one of which I am most ashamed.

What's the most embarrassing song on your ipod?

Labels: , ,

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Copacabana - Barry Manilow

Apparently, yes, I AM that gay. *sigh* I catch myself whistling the damn song even sometimes. Sometimes you just have to listen to it to drive it out of your head.

March 03, 2007  
Blogger torporindy said...

Oh, that's bad!

I don't hate on Barry though.

March 03, 2007  
Blogger Smartypants said...

I'm sorry. I can't share that information.

March 03, 2007  
Blogger torporindy said...

Come on.

Let the healing begin...

March 03, 2007  
Blogger Jim said...

My biggest musical guilty pleasure of all time: "Easy Lover" by Phil Collins and Philip Bailey. I have several Hall & Oates tunes as well ("Private Eyes" is among them).

March 04, 2007  
Blogger Timmy said...

Sleeping Single In A Double Bed.

March 05, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The theme from "The NeverEnding Story" by Limahl.

March 05, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I may or may not have a Rick Astley song. What, it was catchy in the 80's!

I may or may not have The Wreck of The Edmund Fitzgerald. I blame those Canadians. Dang Canadians.

I have a lot of Morrisey though, so I figure it balances things out. Actually, I have so many songs I'm in danger of forgetting what all I loaded.

March 06, 2007  
Blogger torporindy said...

Rick Astley-- I remember a national lampoon magazine article titled "Rick Astley sues self for plagiarism".

March 06, 2007  
Blogger Brick said...

I have all the Matchbox 20 cds. Lead guitarist, Kyle Cook is from my hometown, and I support my peeps.

March 06, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brick u are from the franktuck too?
Ok so my guilty song....
Father Figure George Michaels. Please don't choke from lack of o2 while laughing at me :)

~cinnamon

March 06, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aww, Kyle Cook's dad taught me trial practice in law school! I got an A! I heart Kyle Cook's dad (or whoever's idea it was to give me an A, anyway).

March 06, 2007  
Blogger Brick said...

Cinnamon, Yes, I am a 1991 graduate of Frankfort High. My claim to fame is that Kyle Cook played guitar at a party at my house.

March 08, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is why Indiana scares people
Kyle's mom was my Newspaper teacher.. I was not cool enough to make it to the 'big city of Frankfort'
~Cinnamon~

March 08, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Banner eXTReMe Tracker