Thursday, July 31, 2008

Cha-Cha

In the search engine game, it is clear that Google is on top. I personally think that part of the reason Google has prevailed is that its name has become synonymous with a search request. I "googled" it is a familiar statement. Somehow I "yahooed" it just doesn't roll off the tongue.

Although it is no tech hot bed, an Indianapolis company has thrown its hat in the ring. I think it has been in business for awhile and I now find myself addicted to it. It is called ChaCha and it is also a search engine. However, it has a leg up on the competition. You may not always be near a computer but you are most likely near your cell phone. In addition to the traditional search on-line you can also send ChaCha a text to.... ChaCha (242-242) and get the answer you are looking for.

I am a man of random questions and thoughts. Here are a few things that were rushing through my head after which I texted ChaCha and they came to the rescue.

1.) How many perfect games have been recorded in Major League Baseball? (ChaCha: In Major League History there have been 17 perfect games).
2.) What year did the Korean War end? (ChaCha: It didn't end. there was a ceasefire (an armistice) that stopped the fighting on July 27, 1953.)
3.) What year was Catcher in the Rye published? (ChaCha: Catcher in the Rye was published in 1951).
4.) What is the minimun salary for an Arena Football Player? (ChaCha: 30,000)
5.) What is Taurine? (ChaCha: Taurine is a derivative of the amino acid cyteine(aminoethane sulponic acid). Known to be a dietary essential for cats).
6.) At what age can children eat shellfish? (ChaCha: The food standards Agency recommends that you shouldn't give any fish or shellfish to babies younger than six months).

I have also used ChaCha to figure out other burning questions such as whether there is a delay at the airport and the hours for the Knoxville Sunsphere.

So give it a try to solve family disputes about past Oscar winners or an argument with a buddy at the bar about who won the Indianapolis 500 in 1993. With my family and friends that should at least save me from at least one or two donnybrooks.

2 Comments:

Blogger GLHoffman@mm.com said...

Hey...I just asked it where should HR people post their recruitment ads...it must not yet know about JOBDIG.
Soon, right?, soon.
Nice to meet you...nice blog, i will be back.

GL HOFFMAN
JOBDIG
whatwoulddadsay

July 31, 2008  
Blogger Tenna10 said...

I Love ChaCha give them a try call them at 1-800-224-2242 from your cell and soon you will have your answered texted back to you :)

ChaCha Everyone!

July 31, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Banner eXTReMe Tracker