Thursday, May 5, 2005

No regular post today

Random comments in a not so Larry King column fashion...

I had a trial today. I spent 12 hours hard at work while we enjoyed the best weather in weeks. Oh yeah, to top it off--I lost.

The Pacers lost.

I suppose Tony Blair will remain Prime Minister. Labour most likely lost some seats to the Conservatives and Liberal Democrats though. I am glad that Labour retained its majority even if it is Tony Blair's watered down version of "Labour Lite"

Why didn't I invent those little plastic bracelets (livestrong, support the cure, etc) and those stupid effing magnetic ribbons that are on every car but mine?

3 Comments:

Blogger lemming said...

I don't have one of the magnets, either.

In the radio version of Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Deep thought (the computer) come sup with a plan by which the philosophers will get rich. One of the philos asks the other why they hadn't thought of it. The reply is something like, "I dunno - I guess our minds are just too highly developed." :-)

May 06, 2005  
Blogger rainchic said...

I had one of those magnets, it was a pink "support a cure" with a cutsie little heart cut-out in the middle. I kept it on my car for a while until I started seeing the pink ribbons on all the cars. Now it's just a huge refrigerator magnet. If I didn't think it would get stolen, I'd put an "Evildoer" magnet on my car just to be obnoxious.

May 06, 2005  
Blogger torporindy said...

I need to read that book and/or see the movie. All I know is the answer is 42.

I like the idea of an "evildoer" magnet.

Of course I "support the cure" and "support the troops", etc. I just think it's funny now that every pet cause has a magnetic ribbon.

May 07, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Banner eXTReMe Tracker