Monday, October 3, 2005

You were never a judge? No problem!

President Bush on Monday nominated White House counsel Harriet Miers to replace retiring Justice Sandra Day O'Connor on the Supreme Court, reaching into his loyal inner circle for another pick that could reshape the nation's judiciary for years to come.

Let's see. She has no experience in the position for which she is applying. She was the head of the Texas Lottery Commission. Hmmm, it sounds like she is a more appropriate candidate for the head of FEMA.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Neither was Thurgood Marshall. This lady probably isn't a Thurgood Marshall, but this isn't going to be a succesful avenue to go after her. I'm sure hanging out with W for the better part of the last 20 years there has to be something more damning then this.

October 03, 2005  
Blogger torporindy said...

Agreed. This was just the first red flag. I am sure there are others. I think it is a strange selection and may even be a decoy.

October 03, 2005  
Blogger lemming said...

I think GWB knows that he's short on political capital at the moment and hopes that picking a woman will slide him on through.

I know nothing about her other than what I heard on NPR this morning (couldn't figure out why he was talking about the Marriott hotels until I realized he was saying Harriet) but am prepared to be optimistic.

Yeah, yeah, I said that about Rumsfeld, the Iraq War, Katrina, etc.

October 03, 2005  
Blogger torporindy said...

Ever the optimist, Lemming...

October 04, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Banner eXTReMe Tracker