Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Sometimes, I lose faith in my fellow man...


Police: Homeless man burned at crowd's urgin
g

A homeless man on the Northeastside was critically burned on Monday night by a man who poured lighter fluid on him and set him on fire.
Anthony W. Eldridge, 22, was trying to sell the lighter fluid on the street when he encountered a crowd of about 20 people in the 4000 block of Brentwood Avenue near 42nd Street and Post Road, Marion County Sheriff's deputies said.

"The crowd said 'light him up,' " said Capt. Phil Burton, and a man used a cigarette lighter to set the fluid on fire.


link

3 Comments:

Blogger lemming said...

We persist in treating portions of our population as disposable. Whether it's the jocks picking on the geeks, the inner city schools not getting the same resources as those in the 'burbs or assault because we think we can get away with killing someone "who will never be missed"...

This may be the best reason yet for me to finally get a cell phone

September 28, 2005  
Blogger fatrobot said...

burnin homeless people is so 90's
like LOSERS!!

September 28, 2005  
Blogger lilmammal said...

This story enrages me. I have been greatly disturbed by it since I read it. I hope they find "Lil' Willie" (the bastard who lit it)

September 29, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Banner eXTReMe Tracker