Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Tuesday roundup

Nobody has really claimed Indianapolis was on the cutting edge. Last night, we joined the over 150 cities in this country who already had civil rights protection based on sexual orientation and/or gender identity.

Unigov came to life as well as the police merger was passed. It took over 35 years for us to show that Unigov was actually more than an attempt to suppress the black vote.

Also, Masson lists 13 pardons by Mitch Daniels.

Reverent and Free posts a good letter to editor of the Warsaw newspaper.

Lemming has a Merry Christmas incident.

The Catholic Packer Fan (shhh, don't mention the game) finds one of Indiana's greatest tourist attractions

And Finally, Merry Christmas from Chewbacca!

7 Comments:

Blogger lemming said...

Sssshhhh... don' tell my Baptist pastor neighbor about the resolution.He's still trying to persuade me that slavery was good for the Africans, as it gave them a work ethic.

MC Topor!

December 20, 2005  
Blogger torporindy said...

I am speechless over that one. Those Baptists are nuts I tell you. Reminds me of the old joke: "What are Methodists?"

"Baptists who can read"

December 20, 2005  
Blogger lilmammal said...

I'm going to assume that's a joke, Lemming, to preserve my peace of mind.

Go Indy! Progress is good!

December 21, 2005  
Blogger John Burzynski said...

Merry Christmas Torpor, here's to cleaning out some Republican's in '06.

December 21, 2005  
Blogger torporindy said...

Yes, Merry Christmas, Happy hols, Festivus, Hanukah, kwanzaa, solstice to all!

I'll drink to sending some Republicans home next year.

December 21, 2005  
Blogger lemming said...

Sorry, Indy Girl, no joke. He's a very nice guy, despite his views. It's been intellectually healthy for me to know him - when people say "I don't know anyone who voted for GWB? What were they thinking?" I can tell them.

Then I drop by here and Topor very kindly lets me vent a little. :-)

December 21, 2005  
Blogger Jim said...

Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus.

December 22, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Banner eXTReMe Tracker