Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Nick Hornby

I saw author, Nick Hornby, last night at Butler. He gave a reading and tirelessly answered a lot of questions from the audience. I was quite impressed with him, perhaps mostly because he seemed to be a genuinely nice guy. After the reading, he signed my copy of About a Boy.I chose that because it was the only book of his that I owned in hardcover. My friend brought Songbook. He had him sign the essay about Paul Westerberg. Later, my friend noticed he had written:


Unsatisfied?

Nick Hornby

3 Comments:

Blogger Jim said...

Okay, I finally posted my views on Hornby's visit. Too bad that we couldn't have met up at this thing. Real word meetings of Internet acquaintances can be awkward/creepy, but I don't think that would have been the case here.

Glad to see that you enjoyed Hornby's visit.

March 21, 2006  
Blogger torporindy said...

Yeah, I have had a few real life meetings. They went pretty well.

I saw braingirl was there as well, which is interesting that we were all three there considering how small the crowd was.

March 21, 2006  
Blogger Nölff said...

George Bush does not care about books

March 22, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Banner eXTReMe Tracker