Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Wednesday roundup

Random thoughts and links:

Perhaps all of that pressure to love Paul McCartney on his upcoming 64th birthday sunk his marriage.

Smoke 'em if you got 'em. Hoosiers are smoking more and exercising less. We now only trail Kentucky in percentage of smokers and it should not be surprising that we're among the worst in several major health indices. Perhaps more people should pay attention to the Governor's health program.

I think I am the only person in America who does not care about American Idol.

Honda may build an automobile manufacturing plant in southeastern Indiana. Nestle may build a plant in Anderson. Indiana has more manufacturing jobs per capita than any other state.

The air raid sirens are currently going off.

The Senate agreed to give millions of illegal immigrants a shot at U.S. citizenship and backed construction of 370 miles of triple-layered fencing along the Mexican border Wednesday, but prospects for legislation clearing Congress were clouded by a withering attack against President Bush by a prominent House Republican.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, it's not like Heather Mills could kick Sir Paul out. (sorry, couldn't resist!) She could lose out in the settlement - I've heard she doesn't have a leg to stand on. (Oh, I'm going to burn in hell.)

May 17, 2006  
Blogger Jim said...

You are indeed going to burn in hell. :)

I don't watch American Idol. I've never seen one minute of the show.

May 18, 2006  
Blogger torporindy said...

Braingirl! I thought about going there, but I went with the safer joke.

May 18, 2006  
Blogger braingirl said...

Sir Paul asked her "Will you still need me? Will you still feed me when I'm 64?" And Heather said, "No."

May 18, 2006  
Blogger lilmammal said...

Nice ones!

I don't give an f about American Idol. You are not alone friend.

The storm last night was frightening. I'm just about over all the hail.

May 18, 2006  
Blogger Jason said...

The only things I know about American Idol come from the daily updates in the Indy Star. Seriously, they give more coverage to American Idol than Indy's Eastside.

But I'm not bitter.

May 18, 2006  
Blogger torporindy said...

Braingirl, I am going to go out on a limb here, and say 'ye are surely going to burn in hell'.

Also, I heard Paul's pet name for her was "Eileen".

Save me a seat down there.

Thanks, people for reaffirming my belief in humanity or at least my fellow bloggers. There are people who do not watch american idol.

Indygirl, wtf is up? I can't believe this weather and the hail. I am afraid to leave my car outside of the garage.

Jason, you're right. I am disappointed in how much attention david lindquiat pays attention to the show.

May 18, 2006  
Blogger lemming said...

Many many years ago I road-tripped with a boyfriend. After 12 hours straight of Paul M. music, I concluded that marriage was not in the cards.

I've never watched even 30 seconds of American idol. I do not feel that I am any the less for it.

Now, The First 48, that's completely different...

May 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Banner eXTReMe Tracker