Saturday, June 17, 2006

Back

Updated with hints

Okay, I don't normally do the meme thing, but I have had a busy week and I have ignored my blog so any post will do. I appreciate that Jim filled in as a guest blogger. I am waiting to hear from the kid as well, but he's been busy like me.

Anyway, here is a meme from braingirl. She taggged me and called me "nick", but I'll forgive her since she has nice legs.

Here are the rules:

A. Pick 11 of your favorite movies.
B. Then pick one of your favorite quotes from each movie.
C. Post the quotes on your blog.
D. Have commenters guess what the movie is.
E. Either strike out the quote once it has been correctly identified or place the guesser’s user name directly after the quote.
F. Extra points for knowing the actor or character’s name.


1. Ramon is very persuasive, and he painted a terrible picture of what it would be like for her to live the rest of her life in America, with all of its crime, consumerism, and vulgarity. All those loud, badly dressed, fat people watching their eighty channels of television and visiting shopping malls. The plastic throw-everything-away society with its notorious violence and racism. And finally, the total lack of culture. (Barcelona) J. Rossi

2. In a thousand years, there will be no men and women, just wankers, and that's fine by me. (Trainspotting) -- Diego Rivera

3. Oh, I've been to Prague. Well, I haven't "been to Prague" been to Prague, but I know that thing, that, "Stop shaving your armpits, read the Unbearable Lightness of Being, date a sculptor, now I know how bad American coffee is thing..." (Kicking and Screaming) J. Rossi

4. We train young men to drop fire on people. But their commanders won't allow them to write "fuck" on their airplanes because it's obscene! (No hint here. This one is easy) (Apocalypse Now) uttered by Col. Kurtz Tommyspoon

5. My grammy never gave gifts. She was too busy getting raped by Cossacks (Annie Hall)Diego Rivera

6. Now, she should be good-looking, but we're willing to trade looks for a certain... morally casual attitude. (Animal House) Doug Masson

7. I like to look for things no one else catches. I hate the way drivers never look at the road in old movies. (Amelie) indygirl

8. Thirty-two hundred dollars he gave me. Thirty-two hundred dollars for a lifetime. It wasn't even enough to pay for the coffin. Goodfellas -- Craig

9. Liking both Marvin Gaye and Art Garfunkel is like supporting both the Israelis and the Palestinians. (High Fidelity) Jim

10. You wake up at Seatac, SFO, LAX. You wake up at O'Hare, Dallas-Fort Worth, BWI. Pacific, mountain, central. Lose an hour, gain an hour. This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time. You wake up at Air Harbor International. If you wake up at a different time, in a different place, could you wake up as a different person? (Fight Club) Steph

11. Faith is a torment. It is like loving someone who is out there in the darkness but never appears, no matter how loudly you call. (Hint -- old film perfect depiction of the loss of religion in post ww2 europe)

13 Comments:

Blogger Butchie said...

Well, I know that none of them are from Joe Dirt.

June 18, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

2 is trainspotting and i think 5 is annie hall...

June 18, 2006  
Blogger Doug said...

#6 is "Animal House" (Boon to Katie).

June 18, 2006  
Blogger Craig said...

#8 is from Goodfellas

June 18, 2006  
Blogger lilmammal said...

#7 is Amélie!!!

June 19, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

#10 is Fight Club

June 19, 2006  
Blogger torporindy said...

You are all correct. (even Butchie)

I'll update it soon.

June 19, 2006  
Blogger Jim said...

You didn't need to give the hint for me on #9 - that's High Fidelity.

June 19, 2006  
Blogger tommyspoon said...

#4 is Marlon Brando as Colonel Walter Kurtz from the ever-brilliant "Apocalypse Now".

June 19, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

#1 is Barcelona and #3 is Kicking and Screaming

June 19, 2006  
Blogger torporindy said...

Jim, I knew you'd know that one.

Good job, Tommy.

J. Rossi-- I think you knew those because you know me. Nice name, btw- Is this the superintendent?... Yes, sir, I would like you to know that you have a whore living in 2R. Rossi, Janice Rossi...

June 19, 2006  
Blogger your judgemental aunt said...

What about "I'm your boyfriend now"? **tongue come out of the phone receiver**
Now that's a classic line.

You watch smart people movies. Those kind are hard like reading a book.

June 19, 2006  
Blogger Butchie said...

Still not Joe Dirt.

June 19, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Banner eXTReMe Tracker