Monday, July 17, 2006

Dubya Dubya III

An open microphone picked up this comment by George W. Bush to Tony Blair at the G-8 summit.

Mr Bush was caught saying that a key to defusing the Middle East crisis was for "Hezbollah to stop doing this s**t". "What they need to do is get Syria to get Hizbollah to stop doing this s**t, and it's over," Bush told British Prime Minister Tony Blair at a leaders' lunch at the Group of Eight industrial countries gathering here.

The president was on camera but apparently unaware that his words were being captured by a microphone.

It was unclear who 'they' were.



Link

Updated: St Allio informed me of this Crooks and Liars video footage.

Jim points to this more thorough NYT article.

11 Comments:

Blogger Hugh said...

As they say: "Even a broken clock is right twice a day."

July 17, 2006  
Blogger Timmy said...

jibberish!

July 17, 2006  
Blogger stAllio! said...

c&l has video.

July 17, 2006  
Blogger Jim said...

A more complete account in the New York Times. While I agree that something needs to be done about Hezbollah, the little snippets of conversation from Dubya are embarrassing. He sounds like he's trying to have a chat with his poker buddies rather than with leaders of other countries.

July 17, 2006  
Blogger torporindy said...

Yeah, thinks for the updated links, guys. This story has picked up some legs. My link is from an Australian paper. I didn't expect it to make news here.

July 17, 2006  
Blogger lemming said...

Ours is not to understand...

July 17, 2006  
Blogger lemming said...

Sorry - a PS

Many Hoosiers think GWB is exactly right and doing the right thing. They think his, er, laguage choices, are appropriate. I didn't vote for him, but this is apparently what America want and believes. We get what we ask for.

July 17, 2006  
Blogger torporindy said...

Lemming, you know, I've heard GWB swear more (or have been quoted as swearing) more than any President in my lifetime. Now, I am not offended and I swear with the best of them, but I cannot imagine that his conservative evangelical base likes to hear this.

July 17, 2006  
Blogger Smartypants said...

My mom was upset about what an idiot he sounded like but, being a mom, she was equally upset with the fact he said all this while, apparently, eating with his mouth wide open.

I love my mom.

July 18, 2006  
Blogger Jim said...

I don't count myself as an etiquette freak in the Emily Post vein, but his chewing with his mouth open bothered me, too.

July 18, 2006  
Blogger tommyspoon said...

Lemming, ask your neighbor if she wants WW III. If she answers in the affirmitive, I'd consider moving.

July 19, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Banner eXTReMe Tracker