Friday, October 6, 2006

Random Thoughts Friday

I am not annoyed that often but I find nothing more annoying than when people put their year renewal stickers over the wrong spot on their license plate. Just today I counted three drivers who put their new "07" year sticker over where the month should be. Do we really wonder why Hoosier kids test poorly in comparison to their national counterparts?

This weekend is the Circle City Classic in Indianapolis. Our city is lucky to have some many great events and lucky to have so many people willing to spend their hard earned money in our city.

The Colts play the hapless Tennessee Titans this weekend. You think the Titans wish they would have treated Steve McNair just a tad bit better? McNair's Ravens are undefeated and the Titans haven't won a game. The Titans won't win this weekend either. Score: Colts 40 Titans 10.

Sentences I cannot say on Sundays anymore: "Our defense will be better once Corey Simon gets back." His absence will be a significant blow to the Colts and I wish the best for his health.

Tomorrow I will have one of the culinary gems on the Southside of Indy: the skillet at the Four Seasons restaurant on 135. The lady that will wait on me at the breakfast bar is 78 years old. I hope when I am 78 years old I won't work.

I also hope when I am 78 years old that I will have the energy that this sweet lady does.

Close to Home is on the TV right now (should let you know how my night is going). The best TV show in history that was based in Indianapolis is the first season of "Men Behaving Badly".

I hit a light pole tonight with my car causing pretty substantial damage. Alcohol is never the solution to life's problems but after that mess, the only thing in this world that was going to make me feel better was a cold beer.

Have a good night. I spoke to Torpor a couple of nights ago and he says hello.

5 Comments:

Blogger Smartypants said...

That Titans game was something, huh?

::wink::

October 08, 2006  
Blogger Timmy said...

wasnt it, Smarty? I was scared!!! A real nail biter that game was!

October 09, 2006  
Blogger Smartypants said...

Just a bit off. = )

October 09, 2006  
Blogger Jason said...

I thought I was the only person in the world that twitched whenever they saw the year sticker on the wrong spot. It drives me crazy!

October 12, 2006  
Blogger torporindy said...

What in the hell is wrong with Corey Simon anyway?

October 13, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Banner eXTReMe Tracker