Sunday, January 21, 2007

The Pey-Back Game

We gotta supa bowl ta think about!

If anyone can find the TV Funhouse clip spoofing Ray Lewis on the internets, I'd be greatly indebted. That's where the above-listed quote comes from. I've searched through Youtube, but to no avail.

What else is there to say about the great comeback by the Colts? In two weeks the Colts will be in Miami for the Super Bowl. If you're going to Miami, here is the ESPN guide to the city. I love that city and would love to go, but alas, I'll be watching the game here in Indianapolis.

The Bears matchup will be interesting. It's less than a 3 hour drive (depending on Chicago traffic).

There are so many Bears fans still around Indiana. Pre 1984, this area was a mishmash of fans. There were Cowboy and Steeler fans, but a lot of people looked to Chicago for the Bears. I was a Cowboy fan, but I remember having a Bears coat when I was a little kid.

This is especially hard for northern Indiana fans. After all, northwestern Indiana is nothing but a suburb of Chicago. A lot of pepple from the region know nothing about our state. When I was in college, my friends who came downstate for school said that they didn't even know who the governor of Indiana was until they left the region.

Anyway, there are Bears fans among us, so it should make for some interesting conversations around the water cooler.

Update: They still hate us in Baltimore

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Smartypants said...

I can't wait to be able to say that my Texans beat the Super Bowl champs!

January 22, 2007  
Blogger Timmy said...

YAY!!!

January 22, 2007  
Blogger Nölff said...

I thought they were going to lose.
DAmn that was a good game.

January 22, 2007  
Blogger Brian D. said...

Baltimore still hates us. After reading the article I guess by their logic Baltimore fans need to send the Lombardi Trophy to Cleveland for that 2001 Superbowl win. Hypocrites!!!

January 23, 2007  
Blogger Jim said...

I think that the hatred from Baltimore is a generational thing. Notice that most of the sourpusses in that article were older than 50.

January 23, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the ray lewis cartoon is on the tv funhouse dvd. 's all I know.

January 23, 2007  
Blogger torporindy said...

Yes, I agree, Jim.

These kids today don't care and the people who are in their 50s should let go.

And Brian, I agree, Baltimore lost any claim for sympathy when they took the Browns.

January 24, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Banner eXTReMe Tracker