Monday, January 8, 2007

Monday Roundup

The 2007 legislative session begins at 1 pm today. Will they pray? It's up to Patrick Bauer. For now, he is undecided
------
70 birds seized in Gary cockfighting raid. "Police also found a makeshift fighting ring and cockfighting magazines." There are actual cockfighting magazines? Who knew? I was invited to attend a cockfight while in Mexico. Of course, I think it's cruel, but part of me thinks I should have gone for the anthropological experience. I did see a video of a dogfight while there at an open air market. I couldn't stand to watch that.
------
Army sorry for asking war dead to serve again

WASHINGTON – The Army on Saturday blamed a computer mix-up for recruitment letters mistakenly sent out over the holidays to the families of 275 officers killed or wounded in action in Iraq.

The letters encourage the officers to consider returning to active duty.

------
And lastly,

Instant Ramen Noodle Inventor Dead

This is a sad day for a lot of poor college students. Thank you, Momofuku Ando. If it were not for you, I would not have been able to receive 58% of my recommended daily sodium intake for the price of thirty-two cents.

8 Comments:

Blogger Doug said...

My goodness - $0.32 for a pack of Ramen? I think you were getting ripped off. When I was in college, I was buying them at the price of about 5 for a dollar.

January 08, 2007  
Blogger torporindy said...

They always screw you in Terre Haute!

January 08, 2007  
Blogger Timmy said...

oh no! Ramen Noodles taste like poverty.

January 08, 2007  
Blogger John Burzynski said...

Torpor:

Yes, I was also in mourning for the Ramen noodle inventor...sheer genius on his part.

Is there any truth to the fact that he was the same guy who later in life developed those expanding seahorse toys that expanded when you dropped them in water????

January 08, 2007  
Blogger lemming said...

The army is sorry??!!

32 cents? You can still get them at Target for 10 on sale.

January 08, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the Army rocks like that. In fact sending dead soldiers back to war is precisly the type of forward thinking that got us into this war!

January 08, 2007  
Blogger torporindy said...

Obviously, I got ripped off for my ramen.

John, I think you may be onto something.

January 08, 2007  
Blogger Butchie said...

$.32? What the fuck kind of ramen were you buying?

January 12, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Banner eXTReMe Tracker