Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Country Music Is Still Bush's Strongest Supporter

Word to the wise: Do not piss off county music and insult our president. The Dixie Chicks won five Grammy Awards this year, but the Academy of Country Music did not nominate them for a single award. The comments by the Dixie Chick lead singer occurred in 2003, and the direct quote is "Just so you know, we're ashamed the President of the United States is from Texas." Four years have past, but country music cannot forgive and forget.

Many celebrities have made worse statements about the president, yet fans continue to go to the celebrities' movies and buy their music. The Academy of Country Music has put pressure on country music stations to boycott the Dixie Chick's albums and refuse to play their music. Even Republic Congressmen have turned against President Bush over the last four years, but country music remains in strong support of him. I hope the Dixie Chicks are invited to play the Democratic National Convention.

5 Comments:

Blogger torporindy said...

Brick lives!

Other than Johnny Cash (also shunned by Nashville), the Dixie Chicks are the only country music band that I have on my ipod.

March 06, 2007  
Blogger Timmy said...

Amen! If they play, I am SO going!

March 06, 2007  
Blogger Butchie said...

Other than Johnny Cash (also shunned by Nashville), the Dixie Chicks are the only country music band that I have on my ipod

No Hank Williams, Merle Haggard or Willie Nelson?

You are dead to me.

March 06, 2007  
Blogger John Good said...

Somebody should send a suggestion to the Democratic powers that be. . .

March 06, 2007  
Blogger torporindy said...

Butchie, I like all of them. I just haven't gotten around to putting them on my ipod. Do you have any for me?

March 06, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Banner eXTReMe Tracker