Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Bumpersticker Zeitgeist Issue #1

I love bumperstickers. I am too chicken to put them on my car though as they are so hard to tear off, but I enjoy to read them on other people's cars. Each week or so I pledge to report what bumperstickers I encounter while driving. I probably won't report on ribbons since they get on my nerves and half of the time I cannot read them because the type is too small. On the other hand, I will report if I see another "Support Roadhead" ribbon.

The list (it's been a short week):

Blessed are the Peacemakers
Proud to be an American (with flag of course)
These colors don't run (another flag)
Save a horse Ride a Cowboy

Worst President Ever

Get Hooked on Fishing, Not Drugs (so dumb)

6 Comments:

Blogger lilmammal said...

I'm seeing more and more "Not My Man" stickers lately. I MUST get one!

November 23, 2005  
Blogger torporindy said...

I have one. I teach a labor history class at Ivy Tech and a lot of my students are union apprentices. An IBEW apprentice gave me mine last fall. I think they are the ones who came up with the sticker.

November 23, 2005  
Blogger Cass Dems said...

Ditch Mitch and Not My Man are very popular in Logansport these days.

November 23, 2005  
Blogger lilmammal said...

What is this French alliance you speak of?

November 23, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

From Eastern Block

"God is away on business"
"satisfy yourself"
"sieg heil Bush sieg heil"
"see yourself in the other color"
"join the revolution, fall in love"
"buy 2, pay for 5"

Most have pictures, too. One of my odd hangups, too - to read the bumperstickers and provoking burning issues writing on the walls. I only take photos as well.

November 24, 2005  
Blogger rainchic said...

Here's one I saw on the way to work today:

When Jesus died for your sins
He wore a crown of thorns
NOT A LOBSTER BIB
www.godhatesshrimp.com

I checked out the site and it's a jab at the religious folk who take the book of Leviticus too seriously.

December 01, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Banner eXTReMe Tracker