Thursday, January 12, 2006

Man sues chatroom pals: I was humiliated beyond what 'no man could endure'

Full disclosure: I have participated in political forums for years now. Does that make me a dork? Yeah, but anyway, I don't know how many times someone has gotten so frustrated they threatened to sue the other participants. Someone finally did.


Mike Marlowe fully admits that he sometimes gave George Gillespie a hard time in that AOL chatroom.

But never in his wildest imagination did he expect to be sued in court for what he characterized as "razzing."

"We gave him crap," said Marlowe, a 33-year-old welder in Fayette, Ala. "I'm not going to deny it. I teased him and he teased me back. He gave it back better than he ever got it."

A generation ago, such petty personal beefs might have been settled with fists outside the corner bar, but now it's the Internet age — and Ohio resident George Gillespie instead filed a $25,000 lawsuit against two erstwhile cyber chums he met in the sprawling 900-room, mostly anonymous society that makes up AOL's chat universe


link

2 Comments:

Blogger Moulton said...

Couldn't they just meet for a nice civilized food fight at Shapiro's Deli?

January 12, 2006  
Blogger lilmammal said...

I couldn't stop laughing reading that article. So petty. Such a waste of time and money.

January 13, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Banner eXTReMe Tracker