Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Tuesday roundup

Lucas Oil, eh? I have never heard of them, but I guess this why they are willing to pay millions for the naming rights of the new Indiana stadium.

Civil rights icon tapped to defend Wal-Mart . I wonder what Martin Luther King would think of Andrew Young's decision to shill for Wal-Mart. It is sad to think that a man who once worked so hard to free others from discrimination and fought for working people can now be bought for the highest bidder. Andrew Young has accomplished a lot of great things in life by working hard for those who have suffered injustice. I do not understand why he'd want to tarnish his legacy. Apparently, we all have our price.

Bush's approval rating is at 34% and Cheney's is at 18%.

This is an interesting article about the evolution of blonds. This study also suggests that natural blonds will die out within the next one hundred years because too few people carry the gene.


Masson
cites a report that Generation X is working more and making less money.

5 Comments:

Blogger Moulton said...

I haven't done the equivalent research on blondes, but there is some tantalizing research on redheads.

February 28, 2006  
Blogger lilmammal said...

So that's what the Nazis are so upset about.

February 28, 2006  
Blogger Jason said...

Lucas Oil...well known to those who love motorsports of all sorts...I think this is their attempt to get name recognition by those who don't follow drag racing, speed boat racing, down-and-dirty stock car racing (not NASCAR). Plus the founder and owner is a native Hoosier. I'm good with it.

February 28, 2006  
Blogger torporindy said...

I think I prefer redheads to blondes.

February 28, 2006  
Blogger Brian D. said...

Redheads, rather natural or bottled, are nothing but trouble. Only took me 5 redheads to finally admit that. I think I'll start a 12-step program or something.

Lucas Oil was heavily promoted in last years Indy 500 (and that was the first I ever heard of them), but I'm tired stadiums being shelled out as a huge billboard. When I think of Indianapolis the first thing I think of is a racing oil company??? A shame Eli Lilly doesn't buy into stadium rights. At least they have a history associated with the city.

February 28, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Banner eXTReMe Tracker