Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Hoosiers are Gun Crazy

I know the Star online opinion polls are far from scientific, but 53 percent of those who answered the Star's poll do not believe Indiana's laws make it easier for criminals to have access to guns. For a good comparison of the difference betweeen gun laws in Indiana and our neighbor state of Illinois at the bottom of this link.

One of the main problems with Indiana is that background checks are not required at guns shows in Indiana and one does not need license for a private resale. Also, there are gun stores like Don's and Bradis, which are number 2 and 13 nationally in gun sales linked to crimes. What is the rationale of the 53 percent who said our laws do not contribute to criminal access to firearms? I would like to know.

7 Comments:

Blogger lilmammal said...

Common sense is in short supply around here.

March 22, 2006  
Blogger lemming said...

(whimpers)

Do not even get me started on Hofstadder...

March 22, 2006  
Blogger Smartypants said...

I live in Texas. I'm supposed to feel safer because of our state gun laws.

At least, that's what the GOP lawmakers tell me. And they are a very trustworthy bunch.

March 22, 2006  
Blogger Jason said...

In the words of old Don:

I'm not trying to make money, I just like to sell guns...to criminals...and nutjobs...like myself.

March 23, 2006  
Blogger torporindy said...

I was out of town and almost missed HNT

March 23, 2006  
Blogger John Good said...

Close one, Torpor! What WERE you thinking???

March 24, 2006  
Blogger Smartypants said...

Yes. What were you thinking???

March 26, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Banner eXTReMe Tracker