Thursday, May 18, 2006

This is quite a slip of the tongue.

--Also, Comcast cable and internet suffered outages all through out the state last night. Some people were apparently not aware that they can pick up network television signals without cable. From the article:

Dozens of Comcast customers called The Indianapolis Star because they were unable to reach the company.

"We're missing 'Will and Grace,' " cried Janet Cowan...

When told she could watch it by unplugging the cable connection and tuning to the network station, she, like others who got the suggestion, was relieved.

"You mean I can still watch the news if I unplug the cable?" said Eloise Valinet, who lives near Township Line Road and 86th Street. "Oh, thank you.''



Yikes.

8 Comments:

Blogger lemming said...

I am, after all is said and done, an optimist.

though I am pushed at the moment...

May 19, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

yes...insight's circuits were busy throughout the evening. felt like i was calling my gyn's office.

May 19, 2006  
Blogger Jason said...

How in the world does someone say "he's gay" when they are suppose to say "he's blind"? Wow. That's too much. I love the added video of his reaction. At least he found it humorous instead of being pissed.

May 19, 2006  
Blogger lilmammal said...

I can't take much more of this weather with its outages and such!

May 19, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"When told she could watch it by unplugging the cable connection and tuning to the network station, she, like others who got the suggestion, was relieved."

--Unless, of course, you don't have rabbit ears and your TV won't pick the channels up otherwise. Besides, the real news is that I was without interweb access!!!

May 19, 2006  
Blogger Smartypants said...

Apparently, TV can come through the air as well as through a cable.

Amazing.

May 19, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's pretty sad to realize that it was only a generation ago that we were, in Indy, only getting 6 channels...all through the air.

People under 30 have no idea what us old-timers went through. I still have a TV radio from the 70's that picks up TV audio...and Channel 6 can be picked up at 87.7 FM.

It pays to have a broadcasting past. Great post!

May 19, 2006  
Blogger Jim said...

I remember the colossal sized TV antenna that we had when I was growing up. I'm from NW Indiana, and we had only six channels - the NBC, CBS, and ABC affiliates, plus WGN and WFLD. That was it. And dare I say that the quality of the programming was a lot better then than it is these days in the era of 500 channel digital cable/satellite systems.

Man, I sound like the old guy in my neighborhood who used to brag that he walked two miles every day to get to school as a child.

May 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Banner eXTReMe Tracker