Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Feeling up Fred

Jim (stop by and welcome him back, btw) sent me a link from the Evangelical Right blog of an interview with "God Hates Fags" preacher Fred Phelps's son.

If you do not know who Fred Phelps is, here is a selection from his wikipedia entry: Fred Waldron Phelps, Sr. (born November 13, 1929) is the leader of the Westboro Baptist Church, a religious hate group based out of his home in Topeka, Kansas that operates independently of any other Baptist church or religious organization. Phelps is known for preaching that God hates homosexuals and will punish both them and "fag enablers" (which his church defines as anyone whom they find to be insufficiently anti-homosexual).

Phelps has gained national attention for interrupting the funerals of American servicemen killed in Iraq, staging cynical, mocking protests against the United States government, the deceased soldiers, and their families. He claims such deaths, along with other tragic events such as the September 11 attacks and Hurricane Katrina, are caused by God because of his hatred of homosexuals and America's tolerance of them.


Now watch this video from the Australian television show from The Chaser's War on Everything

6 Comments:

Blogger lilmammal said...

I cannot believe the lows people are capable of!

July 26, 2006  
Blogger Timmy said...

I hate them, because they hate me, because I hate them, the reason they hate me. Oh well.

July 26, 2006  
Blogger Butchie said...

YES!!!!!

July 26, 2006  
Blogger Nölff said...

I think it's so wrong, it's funny

July 26, 2006  
Blogger lemming said...

Oh, so now I'm an enabler. Nice to know what labels might get thrown at me in advance so that I at least understand what they think they're saying.

July 26, 2006  
Blogger Smartypants said...

I'm a "fag enabler."

So is Butchie.

July 26, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Banner eXTReMe Tracker