Monday, October 9, 2006

The Evolution of Dance

Here is a YouTube clip from Judson Laipply, a comedian. He does a six minute skit of The Evolution of Dance, and it is hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ozp8Cnnpt0Q

During my junior high and high school years, I developed a love of "hip-hop dancing", and by the way, I am a white guy with limited rhythm. I graduated from a small Indiana high school in 1991 (if that gives you a good time reference). This clip brings back some memories. I use to go with a group of friends to "Cloud Nine", an under 21 year old club at Indiana Beach on the weekends to dance and make out with girls. We would have contests to see who could make out with the most girls in a night. My high was nine girls, but I really "lowered my standards" to make it happen.
When we were not cruising for girls, we were dancing. I used to perform the "Running Man", the "Roger Rabbit", the "Cabbage Patch", the "Kid-N-Play", and of course, the "M.C. Hammer". My favorite song to dance to was "The Power" by Snap. Even though I probably looked like an idiot, I did have some good times at Cloud Nine and my high school dances. Well, I hope you enjoy the clip.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

CLOUD NINE! Wow, now you're taking me back in the way back machine. I've rocked that dance floor in my hypercolor shirt, oh yes I have.

We used to go to Tremors in Hicksville, OH too.

October 10, 2006  
Blogger Smartypants said...

If you can do The Worm, I'm willing to pay to see it. But you have to rock the parachute pants, too.

October 11, 2006  
Blogger Butchie said...

Sweet jesus...

October 11, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of my senior pictures was taken with me in a pair of baggy M.C. Hammer pants. Yes, I can do the worm, but only backwards. . .I could never go forward

October 11, 2006  
Blogger Smartypants said...

So how much to do The Worm backwards?

How easy are you? = )

October 11, 2006  
Blogger torporindy said...

Brick, I think I learned more about you in that post than I ever wanted to know.

October 13, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Banner eXTReMe Tracker