Monday, December 18, 2006

Another reason to watch the Colts game tonight...

Apparently, some off duty IPD officers are going to picket outside of the RCA Dome to picket the fact that they do not have a contract and are not going to receive retroactive pay for 2006.

A lot of this grass roots activism apparently began as a web campaign on the Indy Undercover blog, which is a blog ran by an anonymous IPD officer.

The local media have been tipped off and the blogging activists claim that CNN has been as well.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Marked Hoosier said...

Why do they have a problem, because we LOVE cops...

/sarcasm

on a side note, I am soo adding you to my blogroll. I would like to say "better late than never" BUT it is more like "he finally woke up to the goodness". :)

December 18, 2006  
Blogger Butchie said...

I read some of the comments on that blog. There was reference made to ignoring an Amber Alert to "send a message to the mayor". Scary.

December 19, 2006  
Blogger Timmy said...

heard about it, but I didnt see any coverage from the stations airing the game. too bad piggys!

December 19, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't read that blog in a long time, but I the last time that I did, there was some pretty frightening racially tinged stuff on it.

December 19, 2006  
Blogger torporindy said...

Yeah, I haven't read it in a while either, but I have seen the blatantly racist comments on there from people who don't try to hide the fact that they are police officers. It's pretty frightening coming from those who are supposed to protect and serve.

December 19, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Banner eXTReMe Tracker