Friday, March 16, 2007

Random Thoughts Friday

As you noticed by the post below, my upset picks for the NCAA tournament didn't quite come through. My bracket is looking a little shaky right now. I look like a genius for picking VCU over Duke. As for my having Long Beach State in the Sweet Sixteen......

I can't believe what a big deal St. Patrick's Day has become. It seems in the last few years it has become a much more celebrated holiday. Tomorrow all my friends want to go to the Rathskeller for the Patty's Day party. I don't know how a German bar has become the place in Indy to feel Irish for the day. I will tell you the Rathskeller does put on a killer Cinco de Mayo party.

My father was complaining today that St. Patrick's Day has become over commercialized like every other holiday. He said when he was a kid St. Patrick's Day was the day you wore green and got pinched if you didn't and that was it. I like St. Patrick's Day better now.

I received a CD today I ordered off amazon: Mental Floss for the Globe by Urban Dance Squad. "Deeper Shade of Soul" is one of the greatest songs of the nineties.

The most minor surprise of the week: Hollywood is making a movie version of Anna Nicole Smith's life.

The Pacers try to end their 11 game losing streak tomorrow against Atlanta. If they don't end up with one of the ten worst records in the NBA, the Hawks get the Pacers' draft pick due to the Al Harrington trade. The Pacers already traded their second round pick. With the team so close to the salary cap, it is going to be painful for awhile.

Have a good night.

2 Comments:

Blogger torporindy said...

Well, I was in Chicago for St. Patrick's Day. It was absolutely nuts, and yes, the river does get very green.

I have also been in Dublin for St. Patrick's day. Unlike in America, they don't act like drunken idiots on that day (well, anymore than usual:), it's more of a somber, religious holiday.

March 18, 2007  
Blogger Butchie said...

I'm still hungover from Jaegerbombs and Crown Royal.

March 19, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Banner eXTReMe Tracker