Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Life in a blue state?

I started this blog almost four years ago. I was depressed about the death of my father and the result of the 2004 election. It was no accident that I chose the name "torpor". I was a more faithful blogger in the early days and the blog received some (slight) recognition locally and nationally. The one line that was repeated in descriptions of this blog was the quote "Life in a red state makes one blue" that is in the masthead. I am sick that line for more than one reason, but I am optimistic I may be able to change that. As I type this, Obama has a lead of 22,000 votes in Indiana with 99% of the results in. I hope I can change the masthead tomorrow.

As of now, I am at a loss for words for how I feel about this election, my country and our history. Maybe later...

Goodnight and thanks to everyone who worked so hard to elect President Obama. This includes members of my family who bravely canvassed in my rural hometown.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Banner eXTReMe Tracker