Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Surrounded by Cacti

Seriously, I cannot move left or right for fear of a prick from a cactus plant. This is my first trip to Tucson and I have to tell you it's a lot like Phoenix, except it's smaller, and has no large buildings. I am staying at a resort on the edge of town and I swear I am hearing coyotes or something howl in the distance. A sign on my screen door says "For you own protection from desert animals, please keep screen door closed at all times." I wondering what animal is going to make it to the third floor, but I don't want to find out. Actually, I've had a lifelong phobia of scorpions and I don't want to encounter one of those at any cost.

Random travel thoughts:

Was in the Houston airport today. I've spent some time in Houston before. I looked for signs of obesity since they are "The fattest city in America". The people really didn't look any different than they are in the 13th fattest city in America--Indianapolis.

Do you really need to recline your airplane seat on a 2 hour flight? I am almost 6'2" and I cannot afford first class. My knees requested that I ask the citizens of the world to think before they recline.

Americans really need to learn the fine art of forming a proper queue.

No one should eat the sausage egg breakfast sandwich from Subway.

3 Comments:

Blogger lemming said...

(thinks of animals that might reach the third floor and shudders)

The Houston airport may not be the largest in the US, but it sure feels like it.

June 01, 2005  
Blogger rainchic said...

I say "NO", you do not need to recline your seat on a 2 hour flight. It is also not appropriate to allow your small children to stand on the seat, turn around and stare at the person sitting behind them.

I think airports in general are a big pain, and that was before all the added security measures. Since then, it is almost unbearable. I'd rather drive - even though it takes longer (although not much when you take into account connections and delays).

While we're on the subject of travel etiquette, let's talk about driving. I noticed on my trip to Philly recently that a lot of people don't realize that the far left lane is a passing lane. Move or get over, I say. I think some people just don't think.

June 01, 2005  
Blogger torporindy said...

I know how you feel about Houston. I was stranded there on return from Mexico and had to spend the night there. I hate that town!

I agree with you, rainchic about airports. It's almost not worth it anymore unless it's more than an 8 hour drive. Also, about the children, I am sure when I return I'll have more airport etiquette suggestions.

As for driving etiquette, we call those people LLBs (left lane bastards!)

June 01, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Banner eXTReMe Tracker