Tuesday, February 7, 2006

The Bloody 8th

Check out Masson's Blog to find out how an overzealous blogger has find himself in the middle of controversy in the Congressional race between John Hostettler and Brad Ellsworth.

Update: St. Allio has complete coverage.

Atrios has declared blogger Josh Claybourn the "wanker of the day". I kind of feel sorry for him. He is young and he made a mistake. I am sure my own youthful zeal could have caused me to do the same a few years ago.

Another update: I feel like a high school gossip, but apparently St. Allio's way has been banned from one of Claybourn's websites In the Agora. I guess he or his cohosts did not like the way he exposed their revisionism.

Yet another update: Brian at Confessions of an Exhausted Mind noted that St Allio is no longer banned at In the Agora.

6 Comments:

Blogger lilmammal said...

I lost a finger in the 8th.

February 07, 2006  
Blogger lemming said...

John "only women who have had abortions get breast cancer" H. will be elected every time for as long as he wants to serve.

Horrible, but there it is.

February 07, 2006  
Blogger torporindy said...

I am afraid you're correct, Lemming. I have my fingers crossed for November though.

It is amazing how different Hostettler and the person he defeated (the late, great Frank McCloskey) were. It goes to show how much the district has changed.

February 07, 2006  
Blogger Exit 465 said...

It sounds like another one of the "Ho's" dirty tricks. They killed us with that stuff in 2000, on Perry's campaign. Very unfortunate - I would love to see someone finally knock him off. He's maybe (MAYBE) the only person in Washington who is dumber than Dubya.

February 09, 2006  
Blogger Brian D. said...

I actually know Josh Claybourn from school. Thanks to him I got into blogging. I don't know him well enough to be a friend, but he's a generally nice guy and tries to do the right thing. I agree with you and chalk this up to youthful exhuberance.

Thanks for the links. I've been seeing this story a bit, but didn't understand what was going on. I had no idea it was the comments that generated the controversy.

FYI I believe St. Allio has been unbanned now if I'm reading the comments correctly on his website.

February 09, 2006  
Blogger torporindy said...

Yes, you're right, Brian. I should update the link out of fairness.

Jacksonsdaddy, I worked for Weinzapfel. I guess it was 1996. After he lost by that narrow margin, he became my law school classmate (we had worked together in DC). He's doing all right though as mayor of evansville.

February 09, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Banner eXTReMe Tracker