Thursday, August 3, 2006

Gas Tax, etc.

House Minority Leader B. Patrick Bauer: Suspend sales tax on gas. For once I agree with Speaker Brian Bosma that this is election year pandering. The gas tax repeal would only be a temporary solution. A real innovator might have come up with a mass transit plan or funding for alternative energy, but that is too much to expect from Bauer.

Please, welcome Jim of 11 am air raid back to blogging.

Guantanamo detainees may remain indefinitely: Gonzalez

Margot and the Nuclear So and So's are the featured download on salon.com along with this mini-review:

The Margot referenced in this band's name is, apparently, Margot Tennenbaum, which explains the Wes Anderson-y air of cute, aesthetically tidy melancholy. This song is certainly catchy -- I know, because I listened to it just once about a week ago, filed it under "maybe," and this morning woke up to find the opening phrase unexpectedly and persistently stuck in my head.

An actual headline from Yahoo News: Heavy people may collapse more in heat No kidding.

Hace 6 meses que apriendo espanol. I will be gone for six weeks starting in October for a Spanish immersion program. The last four weeks will be spent in Mexico. If anyone wants to guest blog, let me know. The Kid can't handle it himself while I am gone.

6 Comments:

Blogger lilmammal said...

Immersion class? How fun! I'm sure it will come naturally and easily to you.

Yeah, how about not repealing the gas tax and having that money fund a project for conservation or mass transit? C'mon!

August 03, 2006  
Blogger Timmy said...

i dont think you would like what I would blog about.

August 03, 2006  
Blogger torporindy said...

I wouldn't mind, Tim, but some of my readers might be surprised.

Yeah, I am excited, Indy. The French background helps and hinders. The cognates are nice, but I want to pronounce everything with a French accent and conjugate 1st person plural verbs with -ons rather than -mos

August 03, 2006  
Blogger Jim said...

Hey, thanks for the plug!

I wish Pat Bauer would get rid of the rug and just admit that he's bald. He'd look a hell of a lot better.

I may be up for a few guest posts here and there while you're gone. They'll all be about soccer. ;-)

August 03, 2006  
Blogger Smartypants said...

Lately, my blogging has been the suck.

I'm a poor candidate.

I vote for Tim.

August 03, 2006  
Blogger Timmy said...

thanks for the vote of confidence Smarty!

August 04, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Banner eXTReMe Tracker