Sunday, June 17, 2007

The Indiana Fever

The girls of summer, your Indiana Fever, were victorious last night. They defeated the then undefeated Detroit Shock 77-67. At 9-2 the Indiana Fever stand as one of the best teams in the WNBA.

The success of the Fever have, for the most part, been met with a collective yawn. Media coverage of one of the top teams in the league is minimal. Today the Star relegated the Fever's huge win to the last page of the sports section. The list of sports that received more press coverage than the Fever included Chinese Checkers, Statego, Caber Tossing, and Curling.

I wanted to go to the game on Friday. I have attended two games since the Fever's inception and I have had fun each time. But even with my sports mad friends I can't get any takers. Sadly those are the fans that the WNBA and the Fever must reach in order to become mainstream and successful.

I sincerely hope that as the Fever continue to steam-roll their competition that interest increases. You can check out many of their games on FSN Indiana.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Banner eXTReMe Tracker