Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Random Thoughts on Wednesday night

I went to Louisville on Friday. Fourth Street Live is awesome. I got to see the Violent Femmes for free on that Street. It beat seeing Rick Springfield here at Rib Fest.

I also got to go to the Louisville Slugger Museum. I love seeing things made. One of my favorite shows is Made in America with that guy from Cheers. Anyway for nine bucks you get a little background on how bats are made and distributed to major league players. You get a little mini bat at the end. You can also order a full size bat with your signature engraved. I wanted one so bad I had to remind myself that I am a 32 year old man and I don't need a bat in everyday life.

I wore a bow tie today. You want to feel like a celebrity? Wear a bow tie. People aren't used to seeing them around here. I might as well have been wearing a monocle and carrying a monkey on my shoulders given the number of glances I get when I wear a bow tie.

The best CD I bought this week: "The Story" by Brandi Carilile. The second best: Rooney's new CD. I feel like a 12 year old girl when I listen to those guys--but there isn't a better pop group that I know of.

I finally found a copy of a photo I have been hunting down for awhile: Reggie Miller in the Escape from New York photo. I bought it for ten bucks at Field of Dreams at the mall downtown. I put it in a 7 dollar frame from Target. It has instantly become one of my favorite pictures in my room (after the Colts Super Bowl victory framed print). I wish these kids in Indy knew how awesome it was to have been a Pacer fan during that time.

The Indiana Fever won again today. They are now 16-4. If you haven't gone to see them yet, you are missing out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Banner eXTReMe Tracker