Friday, February 15, 2008

Random Thoughts about last week

Misremembered stands out as the word of the week.

This week on Capital Hill our fine Congressmen had nothing better to do then watch two grown men point the finger at each other. Roger Clemens & Brian McNamee. This thing was such a circus I kept waiting for the clowns to show up. How on God's green Earth did anyone think this was going to be a good idea? The committee apparently had all the information that it needed before the hearing but still had it on the insistence of Roger Clemens' legal team. I didn't realize that a private citizen could force a hearing to air their grievances. I better call my Congressman because the Kid has received a raw deal a few times in my life and I am ready to get it out there on C-Span.

Roger Clemens claims his friend Andy Pettitte misremembers a conversation they had about HGH. Never mind that of all the people in the world involved with this mess Pettitte would be the least likely to hold a grudge against Clemens and lie. Also nice touch there Roger about the wife getting HGH without your knowledge. I guess that would be something you would keep from your spouse and doesn't at all make your story seem less plausible.

Our own Congressman Dan Burton also got into the act. Mr. Burton may have suffered just a little bit from the red light fever (like when the cameras come on). Mr. Burton had one of the most played soundbites from this mess. He told McNamee that "he didn't believe him." Nevermind that two other persons that McNamee pointed the finger at confirmed his telling of the events.

Indiana University officials might have misremembered a little rule of life: if you buy trash you get trash. Well IU you bought trash when you hired Kelvin Sampson. He brought the stink of his former NCAA infractions with him from Norman, Oklahoma and now he has got you in the same damn mess.

I love Sampson's statement. Some BS about not intentionally doing what he was accused of. My father taught me a lesson years ago. Either you did it or not. Don't play semantics with a once proud university you jackass.

People have begun the speculation about Bob Knight's return to Bloomington. I think people misremember that for the last few years while he was coach he couldn't get IU out of the first round of the tournament.

That being said, Coach Knight ran a clean program and graduated his players. People misremember that there was a time when college athletics was a vehicle to get an education and not a minor league for the pros.

The other night there was a shooting at Northern Illinois University. The news where I live reported it as "another shooting at a university." I remember a time when a tragedy such as this would never be described with the description "another."

4 Comments:

Blogger torporindy said...

I think it's annoying that Congress has spent so much time on this steroid issue. They should be dragging Bush, Cheney, and the CEOs of ExxonMobil and Halliburton in instead.

February 17, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was great when Eddie White and Bob Kravitz interviewed Burton the afternoon of the hearing. One of them told the Senator that he enjoyed watching the hearing because it was "great theatre".

Burton responded, aghast, that he didn't think it was "theatre"!

You, go, Danny boy, doing the people's business.

February 20, 2008  
Blogger lemming said...

Who on EARTH saves gauze and old needles?

February 20, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll tell you what, kids. I'd shoot up Roger's butt AND his wife's! I've gotten awfully KINKY in my 60s! Hit my link to find out just HOW KINKY!!! Also good music on the site (but not as good as the KINKY pics).

February 23, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Banner eXTReMe Tracker