Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Welcome to Suburbia

Matthew Tully of the Indianapolis Star has a column detailing the new show based on the life of Marion/Hamilton County Deputy Prosecutor Barb Trathen. The show's official site refers to the setting as "suburbia". Well, there is a city here not that anyone from LA would know about it.

LA actually seems suburban to me in its own way. I mean, downtown is not the focal point and it is far more decentralized than any other large American city. I don't know what it is other than an endless hodgepodge and conglomeration of neighborhoods and small cities that go on for miles and miles. I feel like I am in a city in Chicago or NY, but in LA, I feel like I am in an endless neighborhood with scenery of palm trees and razor wire.

Anyway, it will be interesting to see how the people and culture from this city are depicted. The main character has to stop by Steak and Shake for a takhomasak one night. Then, I'll be impressed.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder if Schneider from One Day at a Time will make a guest appearance!

August 17, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Megaproducer Jerry Bruckheimer (CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION, COLD CASE) now turns his focus from crime to punishment in a compelling and suspenseful look at suburbia through the eyes of an aggressive prosecutor (Jennifer Finnigan as Annabeth Chase) with a perfect conviction rate. It's suburbia's quiet and peaceful streets that sometimes hide the darkest horrors and the most troubling offenses. It's up to this working new mother, as determined and skilled as Bruckheimer's many other heroes, to investigate those offenses and bring the malefactors to justice."

Ah yes, the Drama of Crime and Punishment.

I wonder if Fyodor Dostoevsky will be earning any retainers on this classic formula for zany lunatic drama.

I liked Numb3rs a whole lot better, because it's so much more refreshing to see a brilliant functional thinker solve the mysteries.

August 17, 2005  
Blogger torporindy said...

That's too funny. I was thinking of Schneider when I wondered how locals would be portrayed.

August 18, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

'Schneider' is German for 'Cutter'.

The Schneider schnipps the cloth in the Coat Factory and makes the cutting remarks in sitcoms like One Day at at Time.

If somebody ripped your kishkes out, you'd end up with a Tomic Ache.

If you want to excise the hysteria from a madding crowd, you have to perform a Hysterectomy.

August 18, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Banner eXTReMe Tracker