Saturday, January 21, 2006

Stuck inside of the Memphis Airport with the BBQ Blues

Yeah, I know Bob Dylan sang stuck inside of Mobile with the Memphis blues and I am not even really stuck. I am between flights. The Memphis airport with its decor that would rival a greyhound bus station and carpet that may have been here since the airport's opening does have one thing going for it--the smell of Memphis BBQ. I want some so badly, but I foolishly ate some substandard California Pizza Kitchen at the Indianapolis Airport. There is a cool Sun Studio store as well. I wanted to buy one of the famous t-shirts, but unfortunately, my size falls somewhere between small and triple xtra large, so they had nothing for me.

So no t-shirt, no bbq, just me sitting here feeling like I am on a movie set from the seventies. It's that bad, really.
--------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE from the Memphis Airport Lounge:

Lead story on the 7 O'clock news:

The whale is found in the Thames River in London is now dead.

Chorus of 30something women sitting next to me: "Aww... that is so sad"

Next report:

The bodies of the two missing West Virginia miners were found today.

Chorus of 30something women: (silence).

3 Comments:

Blogger Moulton said...

All in all, not a good day for the would-be saviours of Rescue 911.

January 21, 2006  
Blogger lilmammal said...

That poor, poor whale.

January 24, 2006  
Blogger lemming said...

I am universally anguished.

Call me a soft spot bleeding heart woman and I'll agree with you.

It's still sad.

January 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Banner eXTReMe Tracker