Friday, August 4, 2006

I'm ridin' dirty

Yeah, I'm ridin' dirty to Cincinnati this weekend. Okay, I won't have any contraband on me, but I will be driving on expired plates. We sent the check to the BMV by the July 15th deadline and they cashed it on the 19th, but I still haven't received my sticker for my plates. They are officially expired as of July 31st.

The Indiana BMV has been in a state of disaster ever since they tried to install new computer systems over the July 4th weekend. Governor Daniels has agreed to waive all fees for BMV customers and if I am pulled over in Indiana, I know the police will understand my situation. However, I am worried what an Ohio police officer might do. I'm not a big fan of police officers from the Buckeye State, so if I get ticketed maybe I'll just call on Mitch Daniels or Joel Silverman to bail me out.

7 Comments:

Blogger Smartypants said...

When I saw the title, I somehow thought this would be a *different* sort of post...

= )

August 04, 2006  
Blogger lemming said...

(laughs at smartypant's comment)

Eeek - that is a worry. What if you get the one cop who dosn't know about this and refuses to believe you, etc...

August 04, 2006  
Blogger Jim said...

Even before the new computers, the BMV was a model of inefficiency. Back in February, I sent my registration renewal in the day that I received it. I didn't get the new sticker for my plate until the day after my plate expired.

Anyway, here's hoping that you don't get pulled over. I know exactly what you're talking about with those Ohio cops.

August 05, 2006  
Blogger Vengelyne said...

Ditto, smartypants.

What's with the dirty title? Sheesh.

Hope your weekend went superb all the same. =)

August 06, 2006  
Blogger lastlifeinmyuniverse said...

im not a big fan of police officers from any state.

August 06, 2006  
Blogger Jason said...

Yes, your ass will be going to jail. You will end up being the girlfriend of some Buckeye. Count on it.

August 07, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you made it back okay...

August 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Banner eXTReMe Tracker