Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Is Asia the next Middle East?

For years, the Middle East has been a mess, and it has only gotten worse since we went into Iraq. Now, Asia is becoming a mess because of the Bush adminstration's failure to negotiate with North Korea. "Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice said Wednesday the United States is ready to use the 'full range' of its military might to defend Japan in light of North Korea’s nuclear weapons test." http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15313151/
It appears that North Korea's interest in nuclear weapons is going to create an arms race in Asia. Haven't we learned from the cold war that an arms race is a waste of time and money? In the Middle East, I agree that it is dangerous for Iran or others to have nuclear weapons because it is too easy for those weapons to fall into the wrong hands. Overall, I believe Asia is a safer place for nuclear weapons, but now, every country in Asia is going to be developing nuclear weapons to compete with North Korea. This will make Asia just as dangerous as the Middle East.

5 Comments:

Blogger lemming said...

We have learned nothing. Hence the current impasse. I'd say more, but questioning the current administration proves that I am unpatriotic and need to have my phone tapped.

October 18, 2006  
Blogger Smartypants said...

My favorite is when conservative 'friends' call me unpatriotic and treasonous.

Treasonous b/c I disagree.

Ack.

October 19, 2006  
Blogger Timmy said...

Smarty, we are not the minority any more, see todays polls!

October 19, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a guest blogger, I have probably just put myself on an FBI list of unpatriotic Americans, or worse, as an enemy combatant.

October 19, 2006  
Blogger Norma said...

Sometimes I just can't believe what I'm reading.

October 25, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Banner eXTReMe Tracker