Sunday, November 12, 2006

Back home again in Indiana

I am home. I have been gone for most of the past forty days. I am brown; I have facial hair; mysterious bug bites on my legs; and I have lost a few pounds largely due to Mexican water.

I have had little access to the American media. I did see one Colts game. I am sure the waitstaff at that Mexican bar is still seething about having to turn the set away from a tied Pachuca Cruz Azul soccer match. What else did I miss? Births, death, a perfect election, blogs and my below .500 fantasy football team.

I want to thank Brick and The Kid for filling in for me while I was gone. The Indianapolis Monthly wrote about my blog in my absence. I knew this was going to happen as they contacted me some time ago. However, I did not know they were going to portray me as one with a "distaste for Indianapolis" or that my blog was for "misanthropes". They gave an example of my distaste for the city by quoting one of my guest bloggers (and out of context to boot). Oh well, I shouldn't be surprised. I am a subscriber. The "Indianapolis Monthly" doesn't even know where they are half the time. I open it every month to read about some hot new restaurant on 146th street in Hamhellton County. They must not know that Indianapolis ends on 96th.

Anyway, I am home. I may write a bit about Mexico, some politics and whatever else comes to mind on lazy days.

As always, misanthropes are very welcome here.

9 Comments:

Blogger hekates said...

ca't wait to hear about your trip!

November 13, 2006  
Blogger Butchie said...

How was Aspen?

Why do you hate Indianapolis and it's fine eating establishments in fishers?

November 13, 2006  
Blogger Timmy said...

Did you bring me the maraccas that I asked for?

November 13, 2006  
Blogger Jim said...

Welcome back, you bloody misanthrope!

November 13, 2006  
Blogger lemming said...

Welcome home!

Glad to know I'm not the only one who thinks IM is overly obsessed with the North side - except for their comment that Bargersville is the new Zionsville.

Colts in Mexico? Tell on!

November 13, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

welcome home!

November 13, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back! While you were gone, the Sycamores got their first victory in two years. On homecoming even!

November 14, 2006  
Blogger torporindy said...

Hi Carol, I have tons of pics.

Tim, I forgot the maracas, but I did smuggle a mariachi guy back for you.

Butchie, Aspen was surprisingly warm and full of Mexicans. Fishers has the finest restaurant chains in Generica.

Thanks, Jim and Lawgeekgurl

Lemming, Bargersville is the new Zionsville? Wow.

Kevin, I heard that! I don't think we've won since, but still, we won. I am going to make it to homecoming one of these years.

November 14, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you get the chance, I'd love for you to post on I Choose Indy!

As well, we can trade links on our blogrolls if you'd like.

Thanks!

November 14, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Banner eXTReMe Tracker