Thursday, November 30, 2006

Vilsack is spelled like D-u-k-a-k-i-s

Tom Vilsack is running for President in 2008. Who is he? Well, let me tell you everything I know about him:

He is the governor of the State of Iowa.

Okay, that’s all. He does have one problem. Let me illustrate here.

Kennedy
Johnson
Nixon
Ford
Carter
Reagan
Bush
Clinton
Bush
Vilsack

Which name does not belong? Let’s face it. Those are northern European names. Vilsack is not.

Archie Bunker once said, “I want to vote for a candidate with an American name like “Miller” and that's largely been the choice in my lifetime with the exception of Michael Dukakis.

Good luck, Governor. You’ll probably lose in the primary to some American sounding name like Obama.

3 Comments:

Blogger Doug said...

Well, there is also a problem in that it might be spelled like B-a-l-l-s-a-c-k.

It might not say much for American Democracy, but you don't want to run for President with a name than an 8 year old can immediately make fun of.

November 30, 2006  
Blogger John Good said...

Good point, Doug. After all, the Dukakis IS located near the Vilsak. . .

November 30, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doug stole my thunder. I guess I just have a juvenile sense of humor, but I immediately think of "ballsack" when I see Tom Vilsack.

December 01, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Banner eXTReMe Tracker