Monday, November 20, 2006

Random Photos of Mexico

I took approximately 500 photos in Mexico. I have a digital camera and I barely know how to use it. Here are a few random shots. I will post some more in a few days.



Christo el Rey in Pachuca


La Mano de Dios


We stopped at this woman's tortilla stand to use the "toilet", which was some sort of hole in the backyard. Oh, and there was a goat standing next to the hole.


Teotihuacan -- The site containing the third and fourth largest pyramids in the world. Truly amazing.


The avenue of the dead. This view is from the moon pyramid.


These cold, fried fish were set out in front of us like peanuts at a restaurant in tepeapulco. I didn't partake.


I didn't like the powerlines in this photo at first, but a friend noted that it is an editorial comment -- Modernity versus the simple life.

I like that.

6 Comments:

Blogger John Good said...

Nice pics, Torp! Since you're alive and well, I assume you drank lots of tequila and little or no water! ;)

November 20, 2006  
Blogger torporindy said...

I did do a shot or two of tequila, but cervezas were my poison of choice.

November 20, 2006  
Blogger Timmy said...

great photos - I have always wanted to visit.

Cheers to the cervezas!

November 21, 2006  
Blogger Nölff said...

mmmmm
fish sticks

November 21, 2006  
Blogger Vengelyne said...

Are you sure it's work that you're there for? Seems more like a holiday than a local immersion...

November 22, 2006  
Blogger Butchie said...

The fish were probably good.

Christo el Rey = Christ The King
Caldo de res = broth of beef


Big difference. Completely inappropriate to confuse the two. Trust me. Yes, I did that. Ok? Happy?

Maricone.

November 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Banner eXTReMe Tracker