Monday, April 2, 2007

Beer and the Tournament

Tonight I am going to watch the game and like many Americans have a cold beer. Tonight's beer of choice is Schlafly Pale Ale from the St. Louis Brewery. I used to drink it like mad when I lived in St. Louis. It has finally made its way to Indy and I am thrilled. For the pleasure, it cost me ten bucks for a six pack.

Indy's bars and liquor stores have a great selection of beer. I haven't pined for too many. Especially because Mexico's only truly great beer, Sol, finally made its way to the Hoosier State a few months ago. I can also get San Miguel here now, a wonderful beer prevalent in the Philippines. I was in the Philippines for a month in college. Because beer was cheaper than bottled water consumption of beer was a matter of survival.

My wish list for beer in the city is relatively short now. I would love to see Yuengling and Vermont's Magic Hat No. 9 make it here. But I can't wait for the mother load to drop and finally make its way to Indiana. One of North America's great beers, Fat Tire, should eventually be available in Indiana. It made its premiere in Chicago last summer which could only signal its arrival here shortly.

But I digress. Back to the game. As much as I would love to see Indy's own Mike Conley Jr. and Greg Oden cut down the nets, Florida's experience will come through. I see Florida by 10. And if anyone remembers my predictions from a few weeks ago, this Kid knows his college basketball.

6 Comments:

Blogger torporindy said...

I vote for Yuengling so we don't have to bootleg anymore from Pennsylvania.

April 02, 2007  
Blogger Smartypants said...

You don't have Fat Tire? Wow.

April 03, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

As a Colorado refugee, I'll be first in line to get Fat Tire if it ever gets sold in Indiana. It's brewed in Denver, considered sacred there by all, and don't even compare it to Rocky Mountain pisswater.

April 03, 2007  
Blogger Arthur said...

Not sure if it's still there or not, but last November at Sam's Club they were selling a 30-pack of assorted Schafly for about $30.00. It had a six of Pale Ale, Wheat, Amber, Pilsner, and Stout.

(Sam's on Rockville off 465)

April 03, 2007  
Blogger Nölff said...

Dude we have Yuengling here like mad.

Lately all of the bars have $2 pints because that's all people drink.

April 04, 2007  
Blogger torporindy said...

Actually, SC is where I first tried Yuengling.

April 04, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Banner eXTReMe Tracker