Wednesday, August 24, 2005

The Fat of the Land

I have just returned from the least fat state, Colorado. Each morning, I walked six blocks each morning to the local Starbucks like any other good coffee whore (I think 6 blocks is a record distance for any Starbucks) . I noticed so many Coloradoans jogging, walking, and biking. It's no wonder that they are so healthy. The only heavy people that I recall in Colorado were visiting Cubs fans from Chicago.

Land of the fat

Indiana and 47 other states have grown heftier, report says

We're getting fatter. And we have plenty of company.

As the obesity rate rises across the nation, Indiana weighs in as the ninth-heaviest state, with more than a quarter of its adults obese.


link

7 Comments:

Blogger Doug said...

On our way to Rocky Mountain National Park, I believe my friend and I came across the only fat person in Boulder.

August 24, 2005  
Blogger torporindy said...

I know. I have often thought that a short term meth or crack habit could put me in good shape. That's only if I can keep my teeth.

Doug, they were probably just visiting.

August 24, 2005  
Blogger Jezebella said...

I have a friend who is 5'6 and 123 lbs. She just got back from Paris, where apparently she was told by more than one man that she was fat. In Indiana she is a twig!

August 24, 2005  
Blogger lilmammal said...

Jez - I felt fat in Paris and at home other women say stuff like "Oh why don't you eat something already."

We are so much fatter than Europeans.

August 25, 2005  
Blogger fatrobot said...

i like it when women are fat in the boobs

August 25, 2005  
Blogger torporindy said...

Yeah, about 8 years ago I paid around 40 bucks for a XL radiohead tshirt that I ordered from England. I couldn't get it over my head. At the time I had a roommate who looked like an extra from
Schindler's list and it didn't fit him either.

Who are these people?

August 25, 2005  
Blogger lilmammal said...

Ugh. Shopping for jeans over there was a self-esteem nightmare. It took a long night of whiskey and kind words from my man to make it ok again. Oh my god, the pain is returning...

August 25, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Banner eXTReMe Tracker