Monday, November 5, 2007

New England Hicks

Okay, I am a Colts fan, but when we were up by ten in the 4th quarter I was mostly excited as to what the East Coast media would say about the Patriots loss. I am sick of hearing about this New England team and how great they are. As a matter of fact, I am sick of Boston sports. I am tired of hearing about the damn Red Sox and now the Celtics are going to have a great season. Well, at least Boston College lost last night.

I don't want to talk about the game, but I do have an opinion about Massachusetts sports fans and it's colored from both personal experience and by the comments that their fans posted in response to the latest Bob Kravitz article.

The fact is that Boston has a strong history of racism and perhaps as a result it is one of the whitest major metropolitan areas in America. Small-mindedness and bigotry exist everywhere including Indiana. New England has its fair share of hicks too as evidenced by some of the comments below.

Indianapolis is nothing but the biggest hick town in the country! Go sleep with your cousin, you rednecks! Half of your bars have a two-tooth minimum that you can never satify!

Hmmm, Boston vs. Indianapolis...like there is any comparison between the two cities. Give me a break. What do you have in Indy, like two restaraunts that aren't a Chili's or Applebee's location?

Buckwheat Addai was good in the first half but the Pats adjusted and shut him down in the second. But the real MVP of this game for the Colts were the refs on the Colts payroll. The Pats overcame all that and still beat you.

Sorry fly-over country, we're just better...proved it in your house, with the refs in your pocket, the league in your pocket....What's Polian gonna cry about now?

Have fun cow-tippeng after your stores close at 8:00 pm.

oooo...nice comeback retaaaahd. we do look down on you because you s**k. where exactly is Indiana again?


Surely only the idiots from New England post on Indianapolis Star forum, right? I selected these quotations from the first few dozen posts. I have to admit that the one guy might be right about Chili's and Applebee's though.

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The sad reality is the Colts let this one get away. But their lack of a secondary offensive threat at the WR position hurt them. In fairness the Patriots weren't at full strength last year in the AFC championship. We will see them in January. It will be sweeter to show those East Coast morons up on their own field.

The Kid

November 05, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Also on your comment about Boston fans. No question. They suck. They are as class-less as the Coach of the Patriots. Did you see that asshole blow off Dungy at the end of the game. What a jerk. And a cheater to boot.

Half those morons from Boston probably have never been to Indianapolis nor outside their corner of the world. It isn't just Boston though. There is a East Coast bias against the mid-west. Out here in Philly when I say I am from Indy they look at me like I said I am from Afganistan or something. They aren't as obnoxious about it as Bostonians though.

Whatever. Somebody show those jerks a map.

The Kid

November 05, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why do "fans" blast the other team and their fans when they lose. Thes comments not only blast the Patriots and their fans but everyone else who roots for a Boston team. Talk about sour grapes.

November 05, 2007  
Blogger torporindy said...

It's not sour grapes. The Colts lost because the Patriots were able to overcome some bad calls and a 10 point deficit. I was merely pointing out how some Boston area fans have a very provincial mindset even though they are on the supposedly enlightened East coast. I think if their fans want to cast aspersions on Indianapolis, then they ought really listen to themselves.

November 05, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The patriots fan behind me at the game kept wanting Colts players to get hurt. Good sportsmanship, huh?

November 05, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Indy fans, don't be afraid to come to Boston!!! We'll be very hospitable and will overlook all your unsophisticated mannerisms, ignore your bad fashion sense, see past your outdated hairstyles, and try not to laugh when you look up at the all the skyscrapers!

November 05, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude are you serious? Boston's skyline is one of the least impressive ones for the "major" cities out there. You have some complex because your big brother New York surpasses your skyline's quality? I would put Boston's skyline's quality on the East Coast about sixth...just after Wilmington, DE.

In case you are wondering Indy's tallest building is taller than yours. Chase Tower is 811 feet while Hancock is 791. Check out emporis.com

And thanks for the invite. Our team will be happy to join you all in January and give the New England Cheaters a lesson in class.

The Kid

November 05, 2007  
Blogger Butchie said...

I love Boston. They have great food, great shopping, tons of hot asian chicks and everyone talks like they have Down's. God know's I love retards.

November 06, 2007  
Blogger Butchie said...

Oh yeah. Art's is in Anderson. Go to Art's #1. That's their roast beef sandwich. Comes with or without green peppers (which they call mangos). The eggrolls are from a Chili's in South Bend. The easterners were right. In my defense, though, I only went into that Chili's to get margaritas.

November 06, 2007  
Blogger torporindy said...

Some people from my hometown call green peppers "Mangoes" as well.

November 06, 2007  
Blogger David Stefanini said...

Hi, I love how you are running this blog. I just started a blog of my own and I was wondering if you would like to do a link exchange with my site. My site can be found at:

Absolutesportsreport.blogspot.com

If you want to do this, just leave a comment on my site, on any post, and I’ll link you later that night.

Thanks,
Dave

November 07, 2007  
Blogger lemming said...

Sorry, but the Chilis/ Applebees comment is dead on. Indiana is known for being teh place you go through to get somewhere else (I've lived here more than a decade and had to justify that choice to plenty of outsiders, trust me on this.) We are known for the race.

Mind you, Chicago is known for Al Capone, it could be worse.

November 09, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Banner eXTReMe Tracker